Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sleep is finally winning

So this past weekend we moved Aiden's room around and showed him that there are in fact no goats in there and he seemed quite pleased, he even started going in there by himself to get his own toys and he has asked me a few times if we can go play in there. It's a great achievement even if sounds silly.

On Sunday night we tried the first time getting him to sleep in there, he was hesitant but I assured him I would lay with him until he fell asleep, it took an hour but he fell alseep and I got into my bed child free for the first time in 3 months. He woke up at 2am and snuck into our bed but it was an improvement.

Last night when bed time was announced he ran to our bed and climbed in and we were adamant that he must get into his bed because big boys sleep in their own beds. Brad layed with him for about 10 minutes and then he fell asleep on his own, instead of creeping into our beds at 2am we went and layed with him until he fell asleep again and he slept in his bed till morning. Break through!

He was so proud this morning and proclaimed he was a big boy because he slept in his own bed and followed by giving me his dummy and saying it was for babies.

I am so proud of my monkey and even though he still woke up during the night, sleep is already so much better without a child between us.

We still have a way to go but we winning right now at this sleep thing, this weekend we will paint his room bright colours and put some pictures on his wall so he feels even more safe and happy in there.

This proves that with a little love and attention, anything is possible and today I am winning as a mother and for the first time feel like I am getting something right.

Here's to sleep, my little boy becoming a big boy and to being a better mother.

1 comment:

  1. Small steps Jess, small steps! Celebrate them all because they all are leading you to the goal!

    Well done Aiden :))

    ReplyDelete