Monday, August 11, 2014

Bullying defused

My worries of Aiden being bullied still stands, he still comes home and tells me he is being hurt by so and so kid and he is picking up their bad behavior of spitting and kicking shins which I am less than happy about but his school have taken it in their stride and tried to help come to a conclusion or should I say some kind of solution.

I do love Aiden's school and that is why he is still there, it is a good school and they can't be held completely liable for the fact that they have uncontrollable children, it does happen. The fact that Aiden has a teacher he happily goes to in the mornings and that he is taught well and does extra murals and does school concerts and plays outside and I do feel safe leaving my kid there, those things count.

Bullying or bad behaviour of other children will probably happen in every school and will continue through out Aidens life so I am teaching him at home that he must stand up for himself and I talk to him about why he mustn't be mean to others but mustn't tolerate people being mean to him.

It's a hard situation to be thrown in because I don't want to dismiss what Aiden is telling me as just "kid talk" because I am happy he feels safe enough to tell me but I also don't want to be a over paranoid parent.

All in all, betweens the meetings with the school and giving it time and seeing how Aiden carries on I will make a decisions accordingly but for now I still love Aiden's school and think it is the best in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment