Sunday, December 15, 2013

I kick arse

So I was nominated for my old blog by the lovely Cupcake Mummy for kicking arse, I'll take it as a personal compliment and carry it over here to my new blog, well because I can and apparently I kick ass!

What are you working on right now?
Right now I am on forced leave but I am sneaking in a project for a client, designing an Under the Sea pack for Primary school kids, along with that I am working on myself, finding myself again.
Where did the idea for the Love from Bear  blog come from?Well Love from Bear is literally a few days old and started when I was put in hospital a few weeks back and forced to re-look at how I am living and coping with life and hoping to share this journey with new and old readers. My old blog From There to Hear and even older blog Miss Preggy held on to too much negativity and it was time to move on to brighter and happier things.
What does your typical day look like?I work for myself so every day runs differently, depending on whether I feel like working at home or from my offices. Aiden is off to school at about 8am and is fetched at 4.30pm. I try fit in an hour of gym a day and then the usual chores around the house and suicide hour with Aiden lasts for ever it seems. 
How do you bring ideas to life?
I am a procrastinator. I have tons of ideas and my brain never really switches off, if I am truly passionate about something it will be become a reality but I have tons of dreams all filed in my brain.
What’s one trend that really excites you?
Gosh, I studied Fashion Design so setting trends is more my thing than following them, I wear what I want, read what I want and typically am a free bird that doesn't really follow what others do.
What was the worst job you ever had and what did you learn from it?Waitressing...when I lived in Cape Town I worked for a deli on Mouille Point, we made good money on tips but our boss refused to pay us our wages that we were supposed to get. Also serving people, rude people for 9 hours solid can really make you hate human beings as a whole. I remember being asked for chicken mayo with out to much mayo, really, it's chicken mayo dammit.
If you were to start again, what would you do differently?
I would of let go of Aidens sperm donor ever being a stand up guy the minute he walked away. Holding on has stopped me from achieving so much the last few years.
If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be and how would you go about it?
Racism! I don't understand it. 
Tell us a secret.
I'm scared of the dark.
What are your three favorite online tools or resources and what do you love about them?
Twitter: The mommy army on there has kept me sane most days.
iStock: It's a must for my company but I can browse pics for ages on there
Instagram: I've always been a happy snapper
What is the one book that you recommend people should read and why?
The Man who was Magic by Paul Gallico, it's one of my all time favourites as a kid and as an adult, it is quite simply magical.
Three people we should follow on Twitter and why?
This is hard. Too hard. I just can't answer this one.
When was the last time you laughed out loud? What caused it?
Every day my man makes me laugh even if I am super pissed off. He has a knack of acting like an absolute clown.
Who is your hero?
My mom. Damn that woman is special. So much love and compassion, empathy and generosity and strength that you cannot believe. She is my rock.
Bloggers who you would like to take part?
Cath Jenkin - This woman can write!
Diaries of a white mother raising a black baby -  Every time I read her blog I am crying from all the laughing
Harassed Mom - I can only dream of being as organised as this mom, her post are always inspiring and her love for her family pours out.
Love from Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment